Monday, August 6, 2012

Rotisserie Chicken Tortilla Soup

Rotisserie Chicken Tortilla Soup


Ingredients:
1 Routisserie Chicken Shredded Skin Off
1 Large Jar Rondell Mixed Beans
1 Jar Salsa ( Mild/Medium or Hot)
1 1/2 Teaspoons Cumin
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder (or to taste depending on the heat you want)
1 - 2 Cloves of Garlic (or to taste depending on the heat and spice you want, I usually buy the minced garlic in the store, quick and easy)
32 Oz of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Mexican Shredded Cheese
Tortilla Chips

In a pinch for time or looking for a new crockpot recipe....this is a sure hit for your family.  My kids love rotisserie chicken (and so do Vance and I) and this healthy recipe satisfies my families tummys.  I have also doubled this recipe and served it at wrestling tournaments to the wrestlers at our food table.  I have even taken the ingredients I could buy ahead to overnight tournaments.  I the stop by the local grocery store and buy some rotisserire chickens and prepared it in the crockpots at the tournament.  The first thing I do is shred my chicken, then add it to my pot or crockpot with all the other ingredients except for the tortilla chips and mexican cheese.  I bring my pot to a boil and then turn it down and simmer for 45 minutes.  In my crockpot I put all my ingredients together and then set it on low for 6-8 hours.    Easy, quick and yummy!  I then add cheese and tortillas to each dish when I serve it.  I sometimes buy the bags of tortilla strips for salads they usually come in black and red strips.  Just to add a little fun to the dish.



No comments:

Post a Comment